Join the Circle City chefs for after school culinary skill building! Student, ages 9 and up will attend Tuesdays from 5:30-7:30pm. Our chef instructors will lead them through a culinary introduction to all the basic skills needed to get them started in the kitchen at home and beyond. The semester will culminate with a fabulous dinner for parents (ticket purchase required) so our young chefs can show off all they have learned.
Each week students will prepare and enjoy their dinner while covering a vast array of culinary skills such as:
- Knife skills
- Safety & sanitation
- Introduction to global cuisines and foods of the world
- Introduction to herbs, spices and pantry ingredients
- Techniques such as sauté, grilling, braising, frying, pasta making, sauce making and more
- Baking: quick breads, yeast dough, pastries, etc.
- Table service including table setting, serving and table etiquette
- Recipe following, developing and creative non-recipe based improvisation
- The price for campers is $570 for the entire 14 week session (5% off the monthly price). Monthly payment options are available at checkout.
- Tuition is non-refundable once the session starts.
- Drop off is no earlier than 5:15 on your day. Pickup is at 7:30 pm.
- As long as there is a mask mandate in place we will still wear masks indoors when not eating or tasting. We will eat outside whenever the weather allows. If the mask mandate lifts, mask will be OPTIONAL for all VACCINATED individuals.
- CCSC will provide all equipment necessary.
- CLOSED TOE SHOES ARE REQUIRED. STUDENTS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE IN COOKING ACTIVITES WITHOUT THEM!