Join the Circle City chefs for after school culinary skill building! Student, ages 8 and up will attend Tuesdays from 5:30-7:30pm. (Due to voting being held in the building on Tuesday, November 8, class we be held on Wednesday, November 9 that week) Our chef instructors will lead them through a culinary introduction to all the basic skills needed to get them started in the kitchen at home and beyond. The semester will culminate with a fabulous dinner for parents so our young chefs can show off all they have learned.
Each week students will prepare and enjoy their dinner while covering a vast array of culinary skills such as:
- Knife skills
- Safety & sanitation
- Introduction to global cuisines and foods of the world
- Introduction to herbs, spices and pantry ingredients
- Techniques such as sauté, grilling, braising, frying, pasta making, sauce making and more
- Baking: quick breads, yeast dough, pastries, etc.
- Table service including table setting, serving and table etiquette
- Recipe following, developing and creative non-recipe based improvisation
THIS CLASS IS LOCATED IN BYNUM AT THE BYNUM METHODIST CHURCH COMMUNITY CENTER
- The price for campers is $400 for the entire 10 week session and includes 2 tickets to the final dinner. Monthly payment options are available at checkout. We do not offer drop in or weekly classes.
- Tuition is non-refundable once the session starts but is transferable.
- Drop off is no earlier than 5:15pm. Pickup is at 7:30 pm.
- CCSC will provide all equipment necessary. Closed toed shoes are required at all times.