Join the Circle City chefs for after school baking and pastry skill building! Students, ages 8 and/or their parents will attend Thursdays 5:00-7:30pm. Parents can register for this class as well and have a fun family learning experience (limited to parent, grandparent, guardian or family member of a registered student). Our chef instructors will lead them through a culinary introduction to all the basic baking skills.
Each week students will prepare a variety of pastries and a simple savory baked meal for dinner.
- Cake baking and decorating
- Cookie baking and decorating
- Quick breads: muffins, biscuits, loaf breads, corn bread
- Pies and tarts
- custards and soufflé
- Bars and Brownies
- Savory bake dishes
This is a very technique driven class. Serious participation, respect and attention to detail is needed to not only ensure everyone's safety but to ensure that everyone has fun and learns all the best baking tricks and tips.
THIS CLASS IS LOCATED BETWEEN PITTSBORO AND SILER CITY (SILK HOPE) AT THE INN AT CELEBRITY DAIRY
- The price for students (parents and/or kids) is $400 per person for the entire 8 week session. Students will be responsible for bringing a three ring binder and sheet protectors for their recipes.
- Tuition is non-refundable once the session starts but is transferable.
- Drop off is no earlier than 4:45pm. Pickup is at 7:30 pm.
- CCSC will provide all equipment necessary. Closed toed shoes and pulled back hair are required at all times. No exceptions