CAMP DATES: August 8-12, 2022
For campers Ages 7-14
Join the Circle City chefs for a week of farm life and culinary skill building at the beautiful Inn at Celebrity dairy. Our chef instructors will lead our little camper chefs through a culinary introduction to all the basic skills needed to get them started in the kitchen at home and beyond. Campers will prepare all of their snacks and meals for the day in our indoor teaching kitchen.
Some of the culinary skills covered will be: basic gardening practices, nutrition, kitchen science, knife skills, safety & sanitation, knowledge of herbs & spices, recipe following, kitchen math, and many various cooking techniques.
When not cooking or baking, we will do farm chores, craft, and explore the gorgeous pond and hiking trails through the 330 acre countryside of Celebrity Dairy. This is a working camp and all campers are expected to participate in the chores, meals preparation, clean up and activities of the day.
DUE TO THE NATURE OF OUR SHARED SPACES, CIRCLE CITY SUPPER CLUB IS NOT NUT FREE AND CANNOT ACCOMMODATE ANY FOOD ALLERGIES AT THIS TIME.
- Start the morning with a garden maintenance and and other barn/farm chores.
- Prepare and enjoy a morning snack
- Enrichment time (hike/nature walk, food trivia, water play, reading time, art & crafts, food science, play with some goats.
- Campers will then prepare their lunch using as many local ingredients as possible while being introduced to culinary skills and cooking techniques such as: sauté, grilling, braising, frying, pasta making, sauce making, baking skills and more
- After lunch and clean up there will be more enrichment time followed by a culinary Q & A
PRICE/DROP OFF/EXTENDED CARE/COVID
- The price for campers is $350 per week with a $25 discount per sibling. This includes all meals and snacks so there is no need to pack one.
- Camp tuition is non-refundable but is transferable.
- Drop off is no earlier than 8:45 on each day. Pickup is 3pm
PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR EMAIL AT CHECKOUT TO RECIEVE MORE SPECIFIC DETAILS, INCLUDING WAIVER, CAMPER INFORMATION FORM AND DIRECTIONS.